n p r History of Boomboxen (10m)
[Video via Dangerous Minds.]
More on keynote from KPLU includes videos of songs referenced by The Boss.
Videoblogger Throughhisown has turned up a fine performance of this SO-FINE old favorite. If you like your Hendrix done right, these guys aren’t messing around. Oh the memories.
See it and more here: Jimi Hendriks HEY JOE by JULIAN SAS « Throughhisown’s Weblog.
|March 2012 AUDs & ENDs|
* There’ll be a new Sigur Ros album in May (single track included).
VID Music heavily censored in Kuwait.
* NYTimes: Experiments move theatre orchestras out of pits into separate rooms. Musicians are wary.
* Deutsche Welle’s (Cologne) Klubbing radio book reading show includes DJ’ed electro music
* An article about re-mastering for better sound on mobile devices.
* 943 heat records were set across the US in the week beginning Sunday, Mar. 11.
VID High tech soul: the creation of techno (63m)(about Detroit)
ADDed to Music History in the sidebar: Russ&Gary’s ‘Best Years of Music’ site. Rich, rich, rich in 40s-60s rock artists. Look at that Index? Whoa! Big hat-tip to these gents.
* Trying a different theme for a day or 10. And clearing up some long-standing format glitches.
AUD Fans of Chiptune and NIN may enjoy exploring the works of 8 Bit Weapon. (for-sale page)
* Encyclopedia Britannica goes out of print.
* Mar. 11 2012 is the 35th birthday of the first widely popular computer game, Will Crowther’s all-text Colossal Cave Adventure. It leads to Infocom’s interactive fiction (later on, with images!) and eventually to MMOG’s.
VID Added ‘Joy of Disco‘ and ‘Punk the Early Years‘ to videos in the sidebar.
* Dangerous Minds has a message from blues singer Lester Chambers about his treatment by the music industry
* XIPH: Basics of digital sampling and question of higher bitrates. Nicely put together, mildly technical.
* Joe Triano points us at Circe’s Doo Wop Cafe Internet Radio Station & Club. Doo love fine vocal harmonizing.
* Writeup on Binary Heap: Online video synthesizer. In-ter-esting concept.
VID TED Scary Flying robots play ~ music. (Starts at 14:50)
* RIP Daydream Believer
* A Brief History of Chipmusic. Look for a large dump of Chipinfo right here in a couple of weeks.
* Strange Days Indeed: Google’s Artificially-Lame Youtube computers identify birdsong in a video as a Rumblefish song. [via slashdot.com] Lucky for Beethoven the statute of limitations has expired. Rumor: Rumblefish is excited about picking up some royalties on their only album.
……………….. February 2012 AUDs & ENDs