|August 2011 Kwik cools|
US wasted at least $31 billion in war contracts. Oh, but ‘wasted’ is such a harsh word – it went into the ‘right’ pockets, right?
Animated sheet music: ‘So What’, Miles Davis
• NBC Philadelphia = 135 Hurricane Irene photos (slideshow/manual)
• Marveloid: Edgar Burroughs’ first Tarzan story appeared in All-Story Magazine in August, 1912; it cost 15¢. In 2006 a copy of that 94-year-old pulp magazine sold in Dallas for nearly $60,000. Biff was onto something.
• Taxpayer-owned foreclosed homes to be sold to private investors at pennies on the dollar. Nice work if you can get it.
• Antibiotics may permanently kill off ‘good bacteria’, with bad consequences
• Planet 60,000 km in diameter made of diamond rotates 160 times each second. What a world!!
• Steve Jobs resigns effective immediately.
• Taibbi: Fix in for the banks w/ Obama admin
• Mozilla’s WebAPI will allow developing for any phone.
Fall On Your Sword – dfa radiomix #18
• Stross: Why I’m not on Google Plus
• 40 noises that built pop (Word Mag, super)
• 54 issues of Rock Scene online! (pages turn at top right)
• West Memphis Three trade away justice for freedom
• Ursula LeGuin – Would You Please Fucking Stop?